Friday, November 25, 2016

Who am I?

My name is Patrick So and I am a father, the middle child of seven, a school social worker, a psychotherapist, and a deacon for the Catholic Church.

I was born in China in the early 50s, before moving to Hong Kong.  I studied at National Taiwan University and graduated with a degree in Chinese literature and sociology.  At NTU, I also met my wife.  We immigrated to the U.S. in the late 70 to continue our education at New York University.

I toiled in New York for over 10 years before receiving an opportunity as a social worker at Hamilton Madison House (a Chinatown based nonprofit).  I would then go on to serve the Board of Education as the only bilingual Chinese and English speaking social worker in Brooklyn for over 25 years.

For nearly 40 years, I have lived a life where I have been poor, experienced near death experiences, an epiphany to serve God.  And in all this time I have always felt the grace of God.

I am truly thankful for all his blessings.  I have a devoted wife, a lovable but sometimes messy son, a saintly daughter-in-law, and a beautiful home.

It is for these reasons, I dedicate my life to serving God and His church on earth.

Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment